Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wallflowers

So, some business first.

You might notice that I'm not calling myself the Village Idiot anymore. A friend noted that my observations didn't really seem idiotic, nor comical, but rather somewhat deep and insightful. Huh.

But I thought about it and realized that perhaps I am not here just to comment on the absurd but to record those things I just noticed as well. I will now call myself the Village Wallflower.

I see kids at school who are like that. They are watchers. They don't dive into things; they don't want to make any mistakes. So they watch and listen and notice the details. Sometimes details that I'd never noticed. They're the kids who can be underestimated, but don't be fooled. They're waiting until they have things figured out, and then, like a morning glory in the early sun, open up and begin to glow.

So, I'll be the wallfower: watching and waiting and quietly letting you know what you might be missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment